Govt sets ambitious target of reducing forest fires by half
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The government has unveiled a grand strategy to reduce annual land and forest fires in the country over the next three years, aiming to halve the number of hot spots by 2019.
The grand strategy is an ambitious nationwide effort that will involve no fewer than 16 ministries and government agencies, encompassing 731 fire-prone villages in 66 cities and regencies in eight provinces: Riau, Jamb...
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade