Govt sets ambitious target of reducing forest fires by half
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The government has unveiled a grand strategy to reduce annual land and forest fires in the country over the next three years, aiming to halve the number of hot spots by 2019.
The grand strategy is an ambitious nationwide effort that will involve no fewer than 16 ministries and government agencies, encompassing 731 fire-prone villages in 66 cities and regencies in eight provinces: Riau, Jamb...
- Chicken traders to go on strike in Bandung as price increases
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Jakarta urged to manage traffic ahead of Asian Games
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems
- Malaysian plane scare as flight diverted to Alice Springs