Govt sets ambitious target of reducing forest fires by half
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The government has unveiled a grand strategy to reduce annual land and forest fires in the country over the next three years, aiming to halve the number of hot spots by 2019.
The grand strategy is an ambitious nationwide effort that will involve no fewer than 16 ministries and government agencies, encompassing 731 fire-prone villages in 66 cities and regencies in eight provinces: Riau, Jamb...
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- As KPK delves into BLBI, Jokowi says it was not Megawati's fault
- KPK goes all in on BLBI case