Govt sets ambitious target of reducing forest fires by half
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The government has unveiled a grand strategy to reduce annual land and forest fires in the country over the next three years, aiming to halve the number of hot spots by 2019.
The grand strategy is an ambitious nationwide effort that will involve no fewer than 16 ministries and government agencies, encompassing 731 fire-prone villages in 66 cities and regencies in eight provinces: Riau, Jamb...
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- House to hold confirmation hearings for new KPU, Bawaslu commissioners
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Sour note: Brexit forces orchestra move from UK to Belgium
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Chapecoense to finally play Atletico Nacional for title
- Death penalty meets fresh resistance
- Talks produce no progress in Scottish independence dispute
- Bekasi to have mental health rehabilitation center
- Gianopulos named new chairman of Paramount Pictures