Ahok-Djarot campaign team closes donations after collecting US$4.5 million
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The campaign team for Jakarta Governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama and Deputy Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat announced on Wednesday that it had closed donations after collecting Rp 60.1 billion (US$4.5 million).
The campaign team's vice-treasurer Joice Triatman said the donation period had officially been closed on Jan. 8, marked by the closing of Ahok and Djarot's bank account.
"We believe that Rp 60.1 billion is enough to support the campaign of Basuki and Djarot," Joice said in a press conference in Jakarta on Wednesday, adding that previously the team targeted Rp 80 billion in donations.
Joice said that 10,385 people had contributed in campaign donations, of whom 76 percent were individual donors.
She added that the money would be allocated to fund campaign activities, including creating advertisements, training volunteers and managing campaign posts.
Michael Sianipar, another campaign team member, said that Rp 12.7 billion of the total amount had not been registered due to incomplete identity cards and taxpayer numbers while donating.
Therefore, he suggested that donors immediately complete their IDs and taxpayer numbers so that funds could be channeled for the campaign activities.
"If Rp 12.7 billion is not verified, we will grant it to the state in accordance with the election commission regulation," he said. (dan)
You might also like :
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Indonesian Achievements Festival to recognize 72 'Icons'
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017