Ahok-Djarot campaign team closes donations after collecting US$4.5 million
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The campaign team for Jakarta Governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama and Deputy Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat announced on Wednesday that it had closed donations after collecting Rp 60.1 billion (US$4.5 million).
The campaign team's vice-treasurer Joice Triatman said the donation period had officially been closed on Jan. 8, marked by the closing of Ahok and Djarot's bank account.
"We believe that Rp 60.1 billion is enough to support the campaign of Basuki and Djarot," Joice said in a press conference in Jakarta on Wednesday, adding that previously the team targeted Rp 80 billion in donations.
Joice said that 10,385 people had contributed in campaign donations, of whom 76 percent were individual donors.
She added that the money would be allocated to fund campaign activities, including creating advertisements, training volunteers and managing campaign posts.
Michael Sianipar, another campaign team member, said that Rp 12.7 billion of the total amount had not been registered due to incomplete identity cards and taxpayer numbers while donating.
Therefore, he suggested that donors immediately complete their IDs and taxpayer numbers so that funds could be channeled for the campaign activities.
"If Rp 12.7 billion is not verified, we will grant it to the state in accordance with the election commission regulation," he said. (dan)
You might also like :
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Qantas, Jetstar to move to Soekarno-Hatta's Terminal 3