Oz court resumes Montara lawsuit
The Jakarta Post
An Australian court has decided to proceed with the lawsuit filed by a group of fisherfolk demanding compensation for environmental damage caused by oil spills in the Timor Sea, turning down a request to abort the case from the company that is allegedly responsible for the damage.
The Federal Court of Australia in Sydney ruled on Tuesday that Daniel Sanda can represent thousands of seaweed...
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- India, Iran agree to step up efforts to help Afghanistan
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Adelina’s family demands compensation