Election trail: Chinese-Indonesian wins in Banjarnegara
The Jakarta Post
Win Cin, popularly known as Budi Sarwono, a Chinese-Indonesian businessman from Banjarnegara, Central Java, was elected regent on Wednesday, compensating for his defeat in an election five years ago.
Running alongside his deputy Syamsudin, Win Cin secured 54 percent of the vote, far outnumbering his two rivals. Win Cin suffered a defeat in the 2013 Banjarnegara election when he ran as an in...
- China challenged Australian warships in South China Sea-Australian media
- Jokowi to complete 38 strategic projects before term ends
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000