Election trail: Chinese-Indonesian wins in Banjarnegara
The Jakarta Post
Win Cin, popularly known as Budi Sarwono, a Chinese-Indonesian businessman from Banjarnegara, Central Java, was elected regent on Wednesday, compensating for his defeat in an election five years ago.
Running alongside his deputy Syamsudin, Win Cin secured 54 percent of the vote, far outnumbering his two rivals. Win Cin suffered a defeat in the 2013 Banjarnegara election when he ran as an in...
- Bali welcomes Barack Obama and family
- It’s official, Idul Fitri is tomorrow
- Malaysian PM to vacation in Bali after Obama
- Minister, MUI call for peaceful Idul Fitri sermons
- No merry Idul Fitri celebration for Ahmadiyah followers in Depok
- Ahmadiyah mosque in Depok vandalized ahead of Idul Fitri
- Two escaped foreign inmates transported to Bali
- Jokowi to stay in Jakarta for Idul Fitri
- Food prices spike in Jakarta a day before Idul Fitri
- JICA calls for stronger unity in ASEAN to exert bigger power