Election trail: Chinese-Indonesian wins in Banjarnegara
The Jakarta Post
Win Cin, popularly known as Budi Sarwono, a Chinese-Indonesian businessman from Banjarnegara, Central Java, was elected regent on Wednesday, compensating for his defeat in an election five years ago.
Running alongside his deputy Syamsudin, Win Cin secured 54 percent of the vote, far outnumbering his two rivals. Win Cin suffered a defeat in the 2013 Banjarnegara election when he ran as an in...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children