Election trail: Chinese-Indonesian wins in Banjarnegara
The Jakarta Post
Win Cin, popularly known as Budi Sarwono, a Chinese-Indonesian businessman from Banjarnegara, Central Java, was elected regent on Wednesday, compensating for his defeat in an election five years ago.
Running alongside his deputy Syamsudin, Win Cin secured 54 percent of the vote, far outnumbering his two rivals. Win Cin suffered a defeat in the 2013 Banjarnegara election when he ran as an in...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam