Election trail: Chinese-Indonesian wins in Banjarnegara
The Jakarta Post
Win Cin, popularly known as Budi Sarwono, a Chinese-Indonesian businessman from Banjarnegara, Central Java, was elected regent on Wednesday, compensating for his defeat in an election five years ago.
Running alongside his deputy Syamsudin, Win Cin secured 54 percent of the vote, far outnumbering his two rivals. Win Cin suffered a defeat in the 2013 Banjarnegara election when he ran as an in...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students