Soekarno-Hatta airport train to start operating in July
The Jakarta Post
State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II has said the construction of a train station at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, will be completed by the end of March and the airport railway line will start operating in July.
The station will connect travelers to Manggarai station in South Jakarta in only 45 minutes.
"The Soekarno-Hatta International Airport train station will be completed in March, at the same time the Skytrain station construction will be completed," Angkasa Pura II president director Muhammad Awaluddin said on Sunday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Construction progress on the station, worth Rp 160 billion (US$11.9 million), has reached 85 percent this month.
The construction was started in June, 2015, and the final station is expected to accommodate 3,500 travelers.
The station will be equipped with ticket counters, a public hall, tap-in gates, a commercial area, restrooms, a prayer room, a station headroom and will be connected to the Skytrain station.
The station will also accommodate six trains with a capacity of 272 passengers. The total length of the track from the airport to Manggarai station is 36.3 kilometers.
"There are currently 150,000 passengers flying every day at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. We predict the station will decrease the volume of public and private transportation to and from the airport by 20 to 30 percent," Awaluddin said. (bbn)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says