EPL leader Chelsea beats Stoke 2-1 through late Cahill goal
Gary Cahill made amends for conceding a penalty by scoring a late winner as Chelsea beat Stoke 2-1 to move 13 points clear atop the English Premier League on Saturday.
The England center back smashed home from close range following a corner in the 87th minute to seal a fifth straight victory for the likely champions.
Willian's free kick put Chelsea ahead in the 13th, and Jonathan Walters equalized from the penalty spot in the 37th after the striker was nudged by Cahill.
Stoke right back Phil Bardsley was sent off in second-half stoppage time after collecting a second yellow card for a foul on Cesc Fabregas.
Chelsea won without star winger Eden Hazard, who was missing because of an unspecified injury.
Tottenham and Manchester City, who are tied on points and the nearest challengers to Chelsea, both play on Sunday.
You might also like :
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- Welcoming ASEAN's new secretary-general
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m