Mayor grilled in Rp 6b illegal levy case
The Jakarta Post
The East Kalimantan Police’s operation targeting the alleged collection of illegal levies at the Palaran container port in Samarinda has expanded to include Samarinda Mayor Syaharie Jaang, who is suspected of playing a role in the long-standing foul play.
On Friday, police investigators raided the Samudra Sejahtera Cooperative (Komura) and seized Rp 6.1 billion (US$458,613), which they su...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official