Police accused of partiality in Papua elections
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The National Police have sent an investigative team to Papua to investigate allegations made by Papua Governor Lukas Enembe that the police were not neutral during recent local elections in the province.
The governor, a Democratic Party politician, made the accusation during a TV interview, saying that the Papua Police had intervened in the Feb. 15 regional elections in 10 regencies and mu...
- ANZAC Day commemorated in Bali
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Cruise control: 'M:I6' star shines as Paramount, Universal wow CinemaCon
- Commoners who have married into royal families
- Nigeria's army wants to make Boko Haram's forest stronghold a tourism spot
- Vice President inaugurates Kompas' new tower
- Critically endangered Javan Rhino dies in Indonesia
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Double diamond on Mount Fuji
- Profits up at Facebook, no impact from privacy scandal