Police accused of partiality in Papua elections
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The National Police have sent an investigative team to Papua to investigate allegations made by Papua Governor Lukas Enembe that the police were not neutral during recent local elections in the province.
The governor, a Democratic Party politician, made the accusation during a TV interview, saying that the Papua Police had intervened in the Feb. 15 regional elections in 10 regencies and mu...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- Manulife aims to attract middle-upper class clients with new insurance product
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet