Hundreds relocated as floods hit East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of residents of flood prone areas in Cipinang Melayu in East Jakarta took shelter in higher places on Tuesday evening, hours after the nearby Sunter Reservoir overflowed because of heavy rain.
Cipinang Melayu subdistrict head Angga Sastra said that about 170 residents took shelter at the subdistrict office. “Some others took shelter at several houses of worship,” he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The inundation was 1.5 meters deep on Tuesday night. (vny)
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt