Hundreds relocated as floods hit East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of residents of flood prone areas in Cipinang Melayu in East Jakarta took shelter in higher places on Tuesday evening, hours after the nearby Sunter Reservoir overflowed because of heavy rain.
Cipinang Melayu subdistrict head Angga Sastra said that about 170 residents took shelter at the subdistrict office. “Some others took shelter at several houses of worship,” he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The inundation was 1.5 meters deep on Tuesday night. (vny)
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income