Hundreds relocated as floods hit East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of residents of flood prone areas in Cipinang Melayu in East Jakarta took shelter in higher places on Tuesday evening, hours after the nearby Sunter Reservoir overflowed because of heavy rain.
Cipinang Melayu subdistrict head Angga Sastra said that about 170 residents took shelter at the subdistrict office. “Some others took shelter at several houses of worship,” he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The inundation was 1.5 meters deep on Tuesday night. (vny)
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Police arrest another man with suspected links to E. Jakarta bombings
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- New rule could give banks more headaches
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- To control population, Yogyakarta offers Rp 1 million for men to undergo vasectomies
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- Jakarta train stations to provide passengers with 'takjil'