Hundreds relocated as floods hit East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of residents of flood prone areas in Cipinang Melayu in East Jakarta took shelter in higher places on Tuesday evening, hours after the nearby Sunter Reservoir overflowed because of heavy rain.
Cipinang Melayu subdistrict head Angga Sastra said that about 170 residents took shelter at the subdistrict office. “Some others took shelter at several houses of worship,” he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The inundation was 1.5 meters deep on Tuesday night. (vny)
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official