Hundreds relocated as floods hit East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of residents of flood prone areas in Cipinang Melayu in East Jakarta took shelter in higher places on Tuesday evening, hours after the nearby Sunter Reservoir overflowed because of heavy rain.
Cipinang Melayu subdistrict head Angga Sastra said that about 170 residents took shelter at the subdistrict office. “Some others took shelter at several houses of worship,” he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The inundation was 1.5 meters deep on Tuesday night. (vny)
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems