Java provinces next battlegrounds
Margareth S. Aritonang and Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The defeat of the incumbent Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama-Djarot Syaiful Hidayat ticket in the Jakarta gubernatorial election is being viewed as a major blow to government coalition parties.
After months of tense and energy-consuming campaigning, marked by the exploitation of sectarian sentiment by supporters of the incumbent’s rivals, quick counts indicate that the April 19 runoff r...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens