Java provinces next battlegrounds
Margareth S. Aritonang and Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The defeat of the incumbent Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama-Djarot Syaiful Hidayat ticket in the Jakarta gubernatorial election is being viewed as a major blow to government coalition parties.
After months of tense and energy-consuming campaigning, marked by the exploitation of sectarian sentiment by supporters of the incumbent’s rivals, quick counts indicate that the April 19 runoff r...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'