Java provinces next battlegrounds
Margareth S. Aritonang and Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The defeat of the incumbent Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama-Djarot Syaiful Hidayat ticket in the Jakarta gubernatorial election is being viewed as a major blow to government coalition parties.
After months of tense and energy-consuming campaigning, marked by the exploitation of sectarian sentiment by supporters of the incumbent’s rivals, quick counts indicate that the April 19 runoff r...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income