Java provinces next battlegrounds
Margareth S. Aritonang and Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The defeat of the incumbent Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama-Djarot Syaiful Hidayat ticket in the Jakarta gubernatorial election is being viewed as a major blow to government coalition parties.
After months of tense and energy-consuming campaigning, marked by the exploitation of sectarian sentiment by supporters of the incumbent’s rivals, quick counts indicate that the April 19 runoff r...
- Sandiaga vows to embrace Ahok supporters
- Jokowi may reshuffle Cabinet: Researcher
- EDITORIAL: Transition in progress
- Indonesia does not need caliphate, MUI chief says amid social media frenzy
- Man wearing condom found dead in hotel room
- Retail brands from China defying stereotype to set up shop in Singapore
- Freeport submits proposal to obtain export permit
- First Jakarta-Los Angeles cargo route launched in Tanjung Priok
- Ahok offered to assist in transition process: Anies
- Indonesia cements reserves, braces for Federal Reserve rate hike