Odd-even traffic policy re-implemented on Semanggi-Kuningan street
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police re-imposed the odd-even license plate policy on the Semanggi-Kuningan section of Jl. Gatot Subroto on Friday after the completion of a construction project at Pancoran in South Jakarta.
The policy was temporarily suspended by the police and the Jakarta Transportation Agency to prevent further congestion on Jl. Gatot Subroto caused by the construction of the Pancoran overpass and the Kuningan underpass.
“The police re-implemented the policy as the construction of a detour road in front of the Air Force base in Pancoran, South Jakarta, had been completed,” said Adj. Sr. Comr. Budiyanto, the head of law enforcement at the Jakarta Police traffic unit on Friday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Several traffic engineering projects had been initiated to ease the worsened traffic congestion in the area, apart from the construction of the detour road in Pancoran, such as the closure of the inner-city toll road exit ramp in Tebet and an extended traffic light duration at the Pancoran intersection. (kuk)
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Indonesia to regulate taxes for global firms’ subsidiaries
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection