Organizers mulling sports to drop from Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
After a series of meetings that has been held over the past week, the 2018 Asian Games organizers remain unsure about which sports may be dropped from the tournament.
As a result of financial considerations, Indonesia has proposed reducing the number of sports from 42 to 36. It is still lobbying the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), which governs the Asian Games, on the matter. The number of e...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens