Organizers mulling sports to drop from Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
After a series of meetings that has been held over the past week, the 2018 Asian Games organizers remain unsure about which sports may be dropped from the tournament.
As a result of financial considerations, Indonesia has proposed reducing the number of sports from 42 to 36. It is still lobbying the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), which governs the Asian Games, on the matter. The number of e...
- Sandiaga vows to embrace Ahok supporters
- Jokowi may reshuffle Cabinet: Researcher
- EDITORIAL: Transition in progress
- Indonesia does not need caliphate, MUI chief says amid social media frenzy
- Man wearing condom found dead in hotel room
- Retail brands from China defying stereotype to set up shop in Singapore
- Freeport submits proposal to obtain export permit
- First Jakarta-Los Angeles cargo route launched in Tanjung Priok
- Ahok offered to assist in transition process: Anies
- Indonesia cements reserves, braces for Federal Reserve rate hike