Organizers mulling sports to drop from Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
After a series of meetings that has been held over the past week, the 2018 Asian Games organizers remain unsure about which sports may be dropped from the tournament.
As a result of financial considerations, Indonesia has proposed reducing the number of sports from 42 to 36. It is still lobbying the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), which governs the Asian Games, on the matter. The number of e...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'