Organizers mulling sports to drop from Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
After a series of meetings that has been held over the past week, the 2018 Asian Games organizers remain unsure about which sports may be dropped from the tournament.
As a result of financial considerations, Indonesia has proposed reducing the number of sports from 42 to 36. It is still lobbying the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), which governs the Asian Games, on the matter. The number of e...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income