Wide vote gap surprises Anies, Ahok camps
The Jakarta Post
In what could be perceived as a surprising result in the Jakarta gubernatorial election, challengers Anies Baswedan and running mate Sandiaga Uno won the race with a significant margin against incumbent Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama and his deputy Djarot Saiful Hidayat.
A quick count carried out by Kompas showed that Anies garnered 58 percent of the vote, while the incumbent trailed wit...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income