Wide vote gap surprises Anies, Ahok camps
The Jakarta Post
In what could be perceived as a surprising result in the Jakarta gubernatorial election, challengers Anies Baswedan and running mate Sandiaga Uno won the race with a significant margin against incumbent Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama and his deputy Djarot Saiful Hidayat.
A quick count carried out by Kompas showed that Anies garnered 58 percent of the vote, while the incumbent trailed wit...
- Sandiaga vows to embrace Ahok supporters
- Jokowi may reshuffle Cabinet: Researcher
- EDITORIAL: Transition in progress
- Indonesia does not need caliphate, MUI chief says amid social media frenzy
- Man wearing condom found dead in hotel room
- Retail brands from China defying stereotype to set up shop in Singapore
- Freeport submits proposal to obtain export permit
- First Jakarta-Los Angeles cargo route launched in Tanjung Priok
- Ahok offered to assist in transition process: Anies
- Indonesia cements reserves, braces for Federal Reserve rate hike