‘Rambo City’ yearning for peace
Putera Satria Sambijantoro
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Peaceful prayers: Muslims pray at Sunehri Mosque in Peshawar. Mosques in the city have become targets for terrorist acts by the Pakistani Taliban, which holds a very strict and conservative view of Islamic teachings.Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan, is mostly known for its cameo in Sylvester Stallone’s blockbuster Rambo III.In Sylvester Stallone’s action ...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined