Soccer player Ezra Walian is officially Indonesian
The Jakarta Post
National team member Ezra Harm Ruud Walian is now an Indonesian citizen.
Ezra, who is of Indonesian-Dutch descent, was officially granted citizenship along with his father, Gleen Walian, at the Jakarta office of Law and Human Rights Ministry on Thursday, kompas.com reported.
Soccer Association of Indonesia (PSSI) deputy secretary-general Fanny Riawan attended the ceremony.
The 19-year-old soccer player, who previously played for Netherlands’ Ajax, is scheduled to join his teammates at a national training camp in Bali on May 22-28.
“Five years ago a dream came true, I became an Ajax Amsterdam player. Champion of the Netherlands four times. This season was my last season with Ajax and we came in second in the Jupiler League. So proud to have played for @afcajax. Now I’m heading for a new adventure. One day we will meet again,” said Ezra through his Instagram account, @ezrawalian, on May 9.
With the new status, Ezra will have the opportunity to play in two friendly matches with Luis Milla’s under-22 team against Bali United and Espanyol B or Yokohama Marinos by end of this month.
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- Kampung Melayu suicide bomber identified
- Film inspired by 212 rally to hit cinemas
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Police find links between Jakarta twin bombings and Bandung bombing
- East Jakarta suicide blasts likely linked to IS: Police
- UK issues travel warning after Kampung Melayu bombings
- Jakarta bombing attack a retaliation against police: Analyst
- Pressure cooker bombs used in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Jakarta suicide bombing kills three police officers