House may drop tobacco bill
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Following criticism, the government and the House of Representatives are mulling to cancel the deliberation of the controversial tobacco bill, but only on the condition that the government issues a ministerial regulation adopting the provisions in the bill. Downgrading the bill to a ministerial regulation may be seen as a compromise, however, critics have found the option fruitless as it may no...
You might also like :
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance