Jakarta Great Sale targets Rp 16 trillion in transactions
The Jakarta Post
The organizing committee of the Jakarta Great Sale Festival (FJGS) has set a target of Rp 16.54 trillion (US$1.23 billion) in transactions for this year's sale, which runs from June 2 through July 12.
“We are targeting a 5 percent increase in transactions from last year's sales. Transactions could reach Rp 15.7 trillion,” said Ellen Hidayat, the festival committee head, said on Thursday as quoted by beritajakarta.id.
She added that this year’s targeted increase was lower than previous years as the committee had set a more realistic target.
This year’s festival will involve 81 shopping centers and 40 markets across the capital. It will be the first time for hotels to participate in the month-long festival as the committee, with 12 hotels involved.
“We are optimistic that we will reach the target as we will have more participants this year,” Ellen said. (kuk)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens