Jakarta Great Sale targets Rp 16 trillion in transactions
The Jakarta Post
The organizing committee of the Jakarta Great Sale Festival (FJGS) has set a target of Rp 16.54 trillion (US$1.23 billion) in transactions for this year's sale, which runs from June 2 through July 12.
“We are targeting a 5 percent increase in transactions from last year's sales. Transactions could reach Rp 15.7 trillion,” said Ellen Hidayat, the festival committee head, said on Thursday as quoted by beritajakarta.id.
She added that this year’s targeted increase was lower than previous years as the committee had set a more realistic target.
This year’s festival will involve 81 shopping centers and 40 markets across the capital. It will be the first time for hotels to participate in the month-long festival as the committee, with 12 hotels involved.
“We are optimistic that we will reach the target as we will have more participants this year,” Ellen said. (kuk)
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats