Jakarta Great Sale targets Rp 16 trillion in transactions
The Jakarta Post
The organizing committee of the Jakarta Great Sale Festival (FJGS) has set a target of Rp 16.54 trillion (US$1.23 billion) in transactions for this year's sale, which runs from June 2 through July 12.
“We are targeting a 5 percent increase in transactions from last year's sales. Transactions could reach Rp 15.7 trillion,” said Ellen Hidayat, the festival committee head, said on Thursday as quoted by beritajakarta.id.
She added that this year’s targeted increase was lower than previous years as the committee had set a more realistic target.
This year’s festival will involve 81 shopping centers and 40 markets across the capital. It will be the first time for hotels to participate in the month-long festival as the committee, with 12 hotels involved.
“We are optimistic that we will reach the target as we will have more participants this year,” Ellen said. (kuk)
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Tanah Abang road closure part of Anies’ 'one-man show', councillor says