Foreigners arrested in North Jakarta for immigration violations
The Jakarta Post
North Jakarta immigration officers arrested three foreigners for immigration document violations during an inspection conducted at an apartment building in Penjaringan, North Jakarta.
Bayu Dewa Brata of the North Jakarta immigration office said one of them was a Nigerian national who was found with an expired passport.
“The other two are a Singaporean national who is renewing his passport and a German who only possesses a marriage-with-an-Indonesian registration letter,” Bayu said on Friday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that the immigration office would require them to prepare legal immigration documents.
During the inspection, the officers had difficulty entering the apartment, so they “were forced to break their way in,” Bayu said, adding that 23 foreigners were inspected during the operation. (kuk)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit