Foreigners arrested in North Jakarta for immigration violations
The Jakarta Post
North Jakarta immigration officers arrested three foreigners for immigration document violations during an inspection conducted at an apartment building in Penjaringan, North Jakarta.
Bayu Dewa Brata of the North Jakarta immigration office said one of them was a Nigerian national who was found with an expired passport.
“The other two are a Singaporean national who is renewing his passport and a German who only possesses a marriage-with-an-Indonesian registration letter,” Bayu said on Friday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that the immigration office would require them to prepare legal immigration documents.
During the inspection, the officers had difficulty entering the apartment, so they “were forced to break their way in,” Bayu said, adding that 23 foreigners were inspected during the operation. (kuk)
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased