Foreigners arrested in North Jakarta for immigration violations
The Jakarta Post
North Jakarta immigration officers arrested three foreigners for immigration document violations during an inspection conducted at an apartment building in Penjaringan, North Jakarta.
Bayu Dewa Brata of the North Jakarta immigration office said one of them was a Nigerian national who was found with an expired passport.
“The other two are a Singaporean national who is renewing his passport and a German who only possesses a marriage-with-an-Indonesian registration letter,” Bayu said on Friday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that the immigration office would require them to prepare legal immigration documents.
During the inspection, the officers had difficulty entering the apartment, so they “were forced to break their way in,” Bayu said, adding that 23 foreigners were inspected during the operation. (kuk)
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open