Foreigners arrested in North Jakarta for immigration violations
The Jakarta Post
North Jakarta immigration officers arrested three foreigners for immigration document violations during an inspection conducted at an apartment building in Penjaringan, North Jakarta.
Bayu Dewa Brata of the North Jakarta immigration office said one of them was a Nigerian national who was found with an expired passport.
“The other two are a Singaporean national who is renewing his passport and a German who only possesses a marriage-with-an-Indonesian registration letter,” Bayu said on Friday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that the immigration office would require them to prepare legal immigration documents.
During the inspection, the officers had difficulty entering the apartment, so they “were forced to break their way in,” Bayu said, adding that 23 foreigners were inspected during the operation. (kuk)
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Police arrest another man with suspected links to E. Jakarta bombings
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- New rule could give banks more headaches
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- To control population, Yogyakarta offers Rp 1 million for men to undergo vasectomies
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- Jakarta train stations to provide passengers with 'takjil'