Foreigners arrested in North Jakarta for immigration violations
The Jakarta Post
North Jakarta immigration officers arrested three foreigners for immigration document violations during an inspection conducted at an apartment building in Penjaringan, North Jakarta.
Bayu Dewa Brata of the North Jakarta immigration office said one of them was a Nigerian national who was found with an expired passport.
“The other two are a Singaporean national who is renewing his passport and a German who only possesses a marriage-with-an-Indonesian registration letter,” Bayu said on Friday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that the immigration office would require them to prepare legal immigration documents.
During the inspection, the officers had difficulty entering the apartment, so they “were forced to break their way in,” Bayu said, adding that 23 foreigners were inspected during the operation. (kuk)
- Chicken traders to go on strike in Bandung as price increases
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Jakarta urged to manage traffic ahead of Asian Games
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems
- Malaysian plane scare as flight diverted to Alice Springs