Foreigners arrested in North Jakarta for immigration violations
The Jakarta Post
North Jakarta immigration officers arrested three foreigners for immigration document violations during an inspection conducted at an apartment building in Penjaringan, North Jakarta.
Bayu Dewa Brata of the North Jakarta immigration office said one of them was a Nigerian national who was found with an expired passport.
“The other two are a Singaporean national who is renewing his passport and a German who only possesses a marriage-with-an-Indonesian registration letter,” Bayu said on Friday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that the immigration office would require them to prepare legal immigration documents.
During the inspection, the officers had difficulty entering the apartment, so they “were forced to break their way in,” Bayu said, adding that 23 foreigners were inspected during the operation. (kuk)
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Sleepy driver crashes sports car into Transjakarta lane separator
- Startup investment grows 60 times in five years: Research
- New 'ghost' orchid species discovered on Java
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint