Foreigners arrested in North Jakarta for immigration violations
The Jakarta Post
North Jakarta immigration officers arrested three foreigners for immigration document violations during an inspection conducted at an apartment building in Penjaringan, North Jakarta.
Bayu Dewa Brata of the North Jakarta immigration office said one of them was a Nigerian national who was found with an expired passport.
“The other two are a Singaporean national who is renewing his passport and a German who only possesses a marriage-with-an-Indonesian registration letter,” Bayu said on Friday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that the immigration office would require them to prepare legal immigration documents.
During the inspection, the officers had difficulty entering the apartment, so they “were forced to break their way in,” Bayu said, adding that 23 foreigners were inspected during the operation. (kuk)
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2