Kidnapped for four days, infant finally found
The Jakarta Post
A 13-day-old baby was finally found and returned to his parents in Serpong, South Tangerang, on Friday after reportedly being kidnapped for four days by a woman the parents knew from Facebook.
Serpong Police criminal investigation unit head Adj. Comr. Ahmad Alexander said the child’s mother, Upik Tilani, 21, reported the kidnapping on Monday, claiming a woman named N had taken her baby during their meeting at ITC BSD shopping mall.
“Police followed evidence at the crime scene and observed CCTVs around the area,” Ahmad said.
N, 31, was finally arrested at her rented home in Ciracas, West Jakarta, at around 3:50 a.m. on Friday.
“The baby is fine,” Ahmad told The Jakarta Post, adding that N is currently being detained at the Serpong Police precinct for further investigation.
Police are still investigating the motive behind the kidnapping. (hol)
- North Jakarta court jails men for two years over 'gay sex party'
- Bali remains most popular destination for Middle Eastern tourists
- SHINee’s Jonghyun dies in hospital
- Mount Agung not a threat, let’s go to Bali: Minister
- Taeyang, Min Hyo-rin to tie the knot in early 2018
- Golkar kicks off national meeting to inaugurate Airlangga
- Bali prepares complimentary transportation, rooms if Mt. Agung erupts
- Jakarta nightclubs targeted following drug raids
- Milk, mackerel to be part of Jakarta food subsidy program
- Jakarta to procure more emissions test equipment