Kidnapped for four days, infant finally found
The Jakarta Post
A 13-day-old baby was finally found and returned to his parents in Serpong, South Tangerang, on Friday after reportedly being kidnapped for four days by a woman the parents knew from Facebook.
Serpong Police criminal investigation unit head Adj. Comr. Ahmad Alexander said the child’s mother, Upik Tilani, 21, reported the kidnapping on Monday, claiming a woman named N had taken her baby during their meeting at ITC BSD shopping mall.
“Police followed evidence at the crime scene and observed CCTVs around the area,” Ahmad said.
N, 31, was finally arrested at her rented home in Ciracas, West Jakarta, at around 3:50 a.m. on Friday.
“The baby is fine,” Ahmad told The Jakarta Post, adding that N is currently being detained at the Serpong Police precinct for further investigation.
Police are still investigating the motive behind the kidnapping. (hol)
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Trump, Moon discuss N. Korea's threat to scrap summit