Kidnapped for four days, infant finally found
The Jakarta Post
A 13-day-old baby was finally found and returned to his parents in Serpong, South Tangerang, on Friday after reportedly being kidnapped for four days by a woman the parents knew from Facebook.
Serpong Police criminal investigation unit head Adj. Comr. Ahmad Alexander said the child’s mother, Upik Tilani, 21, reported the kidnapping on Monday, claiming a woman named N had taken her baby during their meeting at ITC BSD shopping mall.
“Police followed evidence at the crime scene and observed CCTVs around the area,” Ahmad said.
N, 31, was finally arrested at her rented home in Ciracas, West Jakarta, at around 3:50 a.m. on Friday.
“The baby is fine,” Ahmad told The Jakarta Post, adding that N is currently being detained at the Serpong Police precinct for further investigation.
Police are still investigating the motive behind the kidnapping. (hol)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash