Kidnapped for four days, infant finally found
The Jakarta Post
A 13-day-old baby was finally found and returned to his parents in Serpong, South Tangerang, on Friday after reportedly being kidnapped for four days by a woman the parents knew from Facebook.
Serpong Police criminal investigation unit head Adj. Comr. Ahmad Alexander said the child’s mother, Upik Tilani, 21, reported the kidnapping on Monday, claiming a woman named N had taken her baby during their meeting at ITC BSD shopping mall.
“Police followed evidence at the crime scene and observed CCTVs around the area,” Ahmad said.
N, 31, was finally arrested at her rented home in Ciracas, West Jakarta, at around 3:50 a.m. on Friday.
“The baby is fine,” Ahmad told The Jakarta Post, adding that N is currently being detained at the Serpong Police precinct for further investigation.
Police are still investigating the motive behind the kidnapping. (hol)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft