Police drop naked woman’s case over mental health issues
The Jakarta Post
The police have decided to drop the investigation into VM, a 26-year-old woman who appeared almost naked in a recent video that went viral.
“Because she has 44 [mental disorders] we cannot continue the investigation,” Taman Sari Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Erick Frendiz said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Recently, a video went viral showing VM wearing nothing but a thong as she made a purchase at a drug store in Taman Sari, West Jakarta. Another photo, which showed her walking along a street almost naked, also went viral over the weekend.
In early June, the police arrested VM at her residence at the Rasuna Said Apartments in Kuningan, South Jakarta.
However, VM has been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, a mental health issue in which a person experiences a combination of schizophrenia symptoms, such as hallucinations or delusions, as well as depression or mania.
The police, therefore, concluded that VM could not be blamed for her actions.
“She lacks understanding of the risks of [her] actions, or how to control her actions,” Erick said.
VM was subsequently discharged from the Kramat Jati National Police Hospital in Kramat Jati, East Jakarta, and is currently being treated by her family. (han)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash