Police drop naked woman’s case over mental health issues
The Jakarta Post
The police have decided to drop the investigation into VM, a 26-year-old woman who appeared almost naked in a recent video that went viral.
“Because she has 44 [mental disorders] we cannot continue the investigation,” Taman Sari Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Erick Frendiz said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Recently, a video went viral showing VM wearing nothing but a thong as she made a purchase at a drug store in Taman Sari, West Jakarta. Another photo, which showed her walking along a street almost naked, also went viral over the weekend.
In early June, the police arrested VM at her residence at the Rasuna Said Apartments in Kuningan, South Jakarta.
However, VM has been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, a mental health issue in which a person experiences a combination of schizophrenia symptoms, such as hallucinations or delusions, as well as depression or mania.
The police, therefore, concluded that VM could not be blamed for her actions.
“She lacks understanding of the risks of [her] actions, or how to control her actions,” Erick said.
VM was subsequently discharged from the Kramat Jati National Police Hospital in Kramat Jati, East Jakarta, and is currently being treated by her family. (han)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals