Discourse: Tobacco tax increase a ‘win-win’ for govt revenue, public health
PREMIUM The national health insurance program (JKN), administered by the Health Care and Social Security Agency (BPJS Kesehatan), has, since its launch in 2014, suffered from deficits, which, in 2016 alone, totaled Rp 9.7 trillion (US$729 million). Ideas to rejuvenate the scheme have come from many quarters, including the World Health Organization’s tobacco control economics coordinator Jeremias Paul, w...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official