Chinese drug trafficker shot dead
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have shot dead a Chinese national named Lin Ming Hui, who allegedly smuggled a single ton of crystal methamphetamine from China into Indonesia. He was shot while resisting arrest.
“We had to shoot him as he was trying to fight [investigators],” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Cmr. Argo Yuwono said as reported by Kompas.com on Thursday.
The police also arrested two other Chinese nationals named Chen Wei Chuan and Liao Guan Yu on a beach near Mandalika Hotel in Serang, Banten, in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The police are now hunting down another person from the network with the initials HYI.
The arrest was made after a joint team from the Jakarta Police narcotics investigation directorate and the Depok Police foiled attempts to smuggle in crystal methamphetamine, locally known as sabu-sabu, from China.
The case was uncovered following a tip off from Taiwan Police that there would be a sabu-sabu delivery from China to Indonesia.
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse