Chinese drug trafficker shot dead
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have shot dead a Chinese national named Lin Ming Hui, who allegedly smuggled a single ton of crystal methamphetamine from China into Indonesia. He was shot while resisting arrest.
“We had to shoot him as he was trying to fight [investigators],” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Cmr. Argo Yuwono said as reported by Kompas.com on Thursday.
The police also arrested two other Chinese nationals named Chen Wei Chuan and Liao Guan Yu on a beach near Mandalika Hotel in Serang, Banten, in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The police are now hunting down another person from the network with the initials HYI.
The arrest was made after a joint team from the Jakarta Police narcotics investigation directorate and the Depok Police foiled attempts to smuggle in crystal methamphetamine, locally known as sabu-sabu, from China.
The case was uncovered following a tip off from Taiwan Police that there would be a sabu-sabu delivery from China to Indonesia.
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor