Chinese drug trafficker shot dead
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have shot dead a Chinese national named Lin Ming Hui, who allegedly smuggled a single ton of crystal methamphetamine from China into Indonesia. He was shot while resisting arrest.
“We had to shoot him as he was trying to fight [investigators],” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Cmr. Argo Yuwono said as reported by Kompas.com on Thursday.
The police also arrested two other Chinese nationals named Chen Wei Chuan and Liao Guan Yu on a beach near Mandalika Hotel in Serang, Banten, in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The police are now hunting down another person from the network with the initials HYI.
The arrest was made after a joint team from the Jakarta Police narcotics investigation directorate and the Depok Police foiled attempts to smuggle in crystal methamphetamine, locally known as sabu-sabu, from China.
The case was uncovered following a tip off from Taiwan Police that there would be a sabu-sabu delivery from China to Indonesia.
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move