Chinese drug trafficker shot dead
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have shot dead a Chinese national named Lin Ming Hui, who allegedly smuggled a single ton of crystal methamphetamine from China into Indonesia. He was shot while resisting arrest.
“We had to shoot him as he was trying to fight [investigators],” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Cmr. Argo Yuwono said as reported by Kompas.com on Thursday.
The police also arrested two other Chinese nationals named Chen Wei Chuan and Liao Guan Yu on a beach near Mandalika Hotel in Serang, Banten, in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The police are now hunting down another person from the network with the initials HYI.
The arrest was made after a joint team from the Jakarta Police narcotics investigation directorate and the Depok Police foiled attempts to smuggle in crystal methamphetamine, locally known as sabu-sabu, from China.
The case was uncovered following a tip off from Taiwan Police that there would be a sabu-sabu delivery from China to Indonesia.
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta