Robbers shoot shop clerk after failed robbery attempt
The Jakarta Post
Feby Ferdian, 23, a shop attendant at an Indomaret in Grogol Petamburan, West Jakarta, sustained gunshot wounds to his leg after an assault by robbers, who attempted to steal his motorcycle parked at the store on Wednesday.
Feby foiled the attempt by kicking out the robbers, who were about to flee the scene with his Honda Scoopy motorcycle. Frustrated by the shop clerk’s brave resistance, one of the perpetrators fired a bullet into the clerk’s right leg.
“The victim saw that the perpetrators were attempting to steal his motorcycle and quickly chased them. They shot him and left the motorcycle,” Tanjung Duren Police criminal unit head Adj. Comr. Rensa Aktadivia said as quoted by tribunnews.com on Thursday.
He said Feby was rushed to Sumber Waras Hospital to undergo surgery following the attack.
“A 9 millimeter calibre projectile is being examined at the National Police forensic laboratory,” Rensa said.
The police are currently investigating the case. (fac/ebf)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta