Island focus: Measles kills 40 infants in Deiyai
The Jakarta Post
An emergency situation has been declared in Deiyai regency, in Papua, where a measles outbreak is believed to have caused the deaths of 40 infants in the past three months, said Papua Health Agency secretary Silwanus Sumule.
A team from the Papua Health Agency, with the help of a team from Paniai, a regency neighboring Deiyai, has inspected the four villages in West Tigi district, Deiyai, w...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga