Island focus: Measles kills 40 infants in Deiyai
The Jakarta Post
An emergency situation has been declared in Deiyai regency, in Papua, where a measles outbreak is believed to have caused the deaths of 40 infants in the past three months, said Papua Health Agency secretary Silwanus Sumule.
A team from the Papua Health Agency, with the help of a team from Paniai, a regency neighboring Deiyai, has inspected the four villages in West Tigi district, Deiyai, w...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Violent deaths overshadow Nicaragua crisis talks
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police end probe into blasphemy allegations against Sukmawati
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Chinese restaurant goes bankrupt after all-you-can-eat promo
- Mother's coffin falls on pallbearers, kills son in South Sulawesi funeral
- Trump threatened to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan: report
- Khong Guan cookie tin family mystery gets new explanation this Idul Fitri
- Greece, Macedonia sign historic deal to end name row