Actor accuses police of abusing his son
The Jakarta Post
Actor Jeremy Thomas has reported police officers for allegedly abusing his son Axel Matthew Thomas who had been suspected of being involved in an illicit drug delivery.
The case started when Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Police seized 1,118 nimetazepam “happy five” pills being smuggled in boxes of Panadol from Malaysia on Friday after receiving information from the airport’s Customs Office.
Police went to Terminal 3 where investigators apprehended one person, identified only as JV, Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said.
The police then arrested a man, identified only as DRW, based on JV’s information. Police alleged DRW was one of the people who had ordered the drugs.
“After further investigation [we found] five people had [allegedly] ordered the drugs, one whom was Jeremy Thomas’ son,” he said as quoted by kompas.com on Monday.
Axel was arrested by investigators at Hotel Crystal in Kemang, South Jakarta, on Saturday. But he was later released as police found no drugs on him.
Argo added that Axel attempted to evade arrest and became engaged in a fight with police personnel.
Jeremy alleged police investigators tortured his son while forcing him to admit to his involvement in the drug delivery.
The police officers are under investigation by the National Police’s internal affairs division (Propam). (wnd)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival