Actor accuses police of abusing his son
The Jakarta Post
Actor Jeremy Thomas has reported police officers for allegedly abusing his son Axel Matthew Thomas who had been suspected of being involved in an illicit drug delivery.
The case started when Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Police seized 1,118 nimetazepam “happy five” pills being smuggled in boxes of Panadol from Malaysia on Friday after receiving information from the airport’s Customs Office.
Police went to Terminal 3 where investigators apprehended one person, identified only as JV, Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said.
The police then arrested a man, identified only as DRW, based on JV’s information. Police alleged DRW was one of the people who had ordered the drugs.
“After further investigation [we found] five people had [allegedly] ordered the drugs, one whom was Jeremy Thomas’ son,” he said as quoted by kompas.com on Monday.
Axel was arrested by investigators at Hotel Crystal in Kemang, South Jakarta, on Saturday. But he was later released as police found no drugs on him.
Argo added that Axel attempted to evade arrest and became engaged in a fight with police personnel.
Jeremy alleged police investigators tortured his son while forcing him to admit to his involvement in the drug delivery.
The police officers are under investigation by the National Police’s internal affairs division (Propam). (wnd)
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi