Clerics reaffirm support for Jokowi amid controversy
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
In an apparent gesture of support for the government, hundreds of clerics from Indonesia’s largest Islamic organization gathered for a major event in Jakarta, where they reaffirmed their commitment to guarding the country’s unity and diversity.
Organized under the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), at least 700 clerics from across Indonesia attended the ulema’s national halaqah, a regular meeting ...
- Government deregulates several policies for foreign cruise ships
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes