Clerics reaffirm support for Jokowi amid controversy
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
In an apparent gesture of support for the government, hundreds of clerics from Indonesia’s largest Islamic organization gathered for a major event in Jakarta, where they reaffirmed their commitment to guarding the country’s unity and diversity.
Organized under the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), at least 700 clerics from across Indonesia attended the ulema’s national halaqah, a regular meeting ...
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival