Clerics reaffirm support for Jokowi amid controversy
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
In an apparent gesture of support for the government, hundreds of clerics from Indonesia’s largest Islamic organization gathered for a major event in Jakarta, where they reaffirmed their commitment to guarding the country’s unity and diversity.
Organized under the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), at least 700 clerics from across Indonesia attended the ulema’s national halaqah, a regular meeting ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers