Clerics reaffirm support for Jokowi amid controversy
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
In an apparent gesture of support for the government, hundreds of clerics from Indonesia’s largest Islamic organization gathered for a major event in Jakarta, where they reaffirmed their commitment to guarding the country’s unity and diversity.
Organized under the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), at least 700 clerics from across Indonesia attended the ulema’s national halaqah, a regular meeting ...
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Four cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move