National scene: Komnas HAM selection under scrutiny
The Jakarta Post
A coalition of human rights watchdogs has reminded the team assigned to select new members for the National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) to promote accountability in the selection process.
Leaders with perfect knowledge of and high dedication to upholding human rights values in all walks of life are crucial to make Komnas HAM a strong, reliable and trustworthy institution, says t...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park