National scene: Mob attacks PPP headquarters
The Jakarta Post
Dozens of people stormed the headquarters of the United Development Party (PPP) in Menteng, Central Jakarta, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
“About 80 people [came to the building] using cars and motorbikes,” PPP deputy chairman Humprey Djemat said on Sunday, as quoted by Antara.
The Islamic party has been crippled for years by a power struggle between two factions.
- Government deregulates several policies for foreign cruise ships
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes