National scene: Mob attacks PPP headquarters
The Jakarta Post
Dozens of people stormed the headquarters of the United Development Party (PPP) in Menteng, Central Jakarta, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
“About 80 people [came to the building] using cars and motorbikes,” PPP deputy chairman Humprey Djemat said on Sunday, as quoted by Antara.
The Islamic party has been crippled for years by a power struggle between two factions.
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival