House approves five Supreme Court justices
Safrin La Batu
The Jakarta Post
The House of Representatives’ Commission III, which oversees legal affairs, on Wednesday confirmed the selection of five Supreme Court justices proposed by the Judicial Commission.
The five judges, who will serve in different divisions, passed the confirmation hearings conducted by lawmakers.
From numerous applications it had received, the Judicial Commission selected 14 names in J...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China