National scene: Regent arrested in raid by KPK
The Jakarta Post
Investigators from the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested seven people, including Batubara regent OK Karya Zulkarnaen, in an operation in the North Sumatra regency on Wednesday.
KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah confirmed the arrests. “All seven people were handed over to the North Sumatra Police,” he said.
Karya had been questioned by KPK investigators at the North Suma...
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade