Call for sanctions against Myanmar
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM With the humanitarian crisis of the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar unabated, Indonesian interfaith figures have called on the government to take stronger action against Yangon for its failure to address the persecution against its minority group. The call was made amid fears that radical groups in the nation with the largest Muslim population are exploiting the Rohingya issue to advance their inte...
You might also like :
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation