Matahari collaborates with Disney to launch merchandise
The Jakarta Post
Local retailer Matahari department store has announced a collaboration with Walt Disney Company South Asia to sell the latter’s official merchandise across all Matahari stores in Indonesia.
Matahari merchandising, marketing and store operation director Christian Kurnia said in a press conference that the products would be available in all 155 Matahari stores in 71 cities by the end of November.
“This collaboration is targeting middle and middle-upper consumers who find it hard to buy authentic Disney products in the country,” Christian told reporters in Jakarta on Wednesday,Read also: Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
The collaboration offers customers a wide variety of affordable products for all ages, from plush toys to clothing, provided by Matahari-owned brands such as Nevada. “The toys will be sold at a starting price of Rp 79,000 (US$5.8), whereas T-shirts will be offered at around Rp 129,000,” he said.
The collaboration will take place over the next four years, said Christian, refusing to disclose its value. “This is also one of our strategies to lure costumers considering that we were affected by weakened purchasing power in the third quarter, this year,” he said.
Meanwhile, Walt Disney Company Indonesia country manager Herry Salim said he was looking forward to extending the collaboration with Matahari in the future.
“We will combine the forces of Matahari, which has great local insight on retail, and the world-class experience Disney has,” said Herry, at the same event. (bbn)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent