'Dangdut' performance to entertain crowd at Anies' inauguration
The Jakarta Post
A celebration will be held on Monday at City Hall following the inauguration of Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno.
Anies and Sandiaga are scheduled to be inaugurated by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo in the Presidential Palace in Central Jakarta on Monday at 4 p.m.
After that, they will directly go to City Hall for a celebration that has been prepared and funded by volunteers, Anies said.
"Most [of the funds] are from residents and we will just prepare a stage. All is communally funded," said Anies as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
Separately, Anies-Sandiaga team spokesperson Naufal Firman said the celebration would feature a performance by the Soneta band -- a dangdut group helmed by self-styled king of dangdut Rhoma Irama.
Aside from the Soneta group, the celebration will also be enlivened by a performance by disabled people.
About 3,000 portions of food and beverages will be provided for free, Naufal added.
The celebration, which will be preceded by a Betawi welcoming procession, is scheduled to end at 8:30 p.m. or 9 p.m. (agn)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India