'Dangdut' performance to entertain crowd at Anies' inauguration
The Jakarta Post
A celebration will be held on Monday at City Hall following the inauguration of Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno.
Anies and Sandiaga are scheduled to be inaugurated by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo in the Presidential Palace in Central Jakarta on Monday at 4 p.m.
After that, they will directly go to City Hall for a celebration that has been prepared and funded by volunteers, Anies said.
"Most [of the funds] are from residents and we will just prepare a stage. All is communally funded," said Anies as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
Separately, Anies-Sandiaga team spokesperson Naufal Firman said the celebration would feature a performance by the Soneta band -- a dangdut group helmed by self-styled king of dangdut Rhoma Irama.
Aside from the Soneta group, the celebration will also be enlivened by a performance by disabled people.
About 3,000 portions of food and beverages will be provided for free, Naufal added.
The celebration, which will be preceded by a Betawi welcoming procession, is scheduled to end at 8:30 p.m. or 9 p.m. (agn)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world