'Dangdut' performance to entertain crowd at Anies' inauguration
The Jakarta Post
A celebration will be held on Monday at City Hall following the inauguration of Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno.
Anies and Sandiaga are scheduled to be inaugurated by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo in the Presidential Palace in Central Jakarta on Monday at 4 p.m.
After that, they will directly go to City Hall for a celebration that has been prepared and funded by volunteers, Anies said.
"Most [of the funds] are from residents and we will just prepare a stage. All is communally funded," said Anies as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
Separately, Anies-Sandiaga team spokesperson Naufal Firman said the celebration would feature a performance by the Soneta band -- a dangdut group helmed by self-styled king of dangdut Rhoma Irama.
Aside from the Soneta group, the celebration will also be enlivened by a performance by disabled people.
About 3,000 portions of food and beverages will be provided for free, Naufal added.
The celebration, which will be preceded by a Betawi welcoming procession, is scheduled to end at 8:30 p.m. or 9 p.m. (agn)
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt