'Dangdut' performance to entertain crowd at Anies' inauguration
The Jakarta Post
A celebration will be held on Monday at City Hall following the inauguration of Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno.
Anies and Sandiaga are scheduled to be inaugurated by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo in the Presidential Palace in Central Jakarta on Monday at 4 p.m.
After that, they will directly go to City Hall for a celebration that has been prepared and funded by volunteers, Anies said.
"Most [of the funds] are from residents and we will just prepare a stage. All is communally funded," said Anies as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
Separately, Anies-Sandiaga team spokesperson Naufal Firman said the celebration would feature a performance by the Soneta band -- a dangdut group helmed by self-styled king of dangdut Rhoma Irama.
Aside from the Soneta group, the celebration will also be enlivened by a performance by disabled people.
About 3,000 portions of food and beverages will be provided for free, Naufal added.
The celebration, which will be preceded by a Betawi welcoming procession, is scheduled to end at 8:30 p.m. or 9 p.m. (agn)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire