Customary forest gets help with recognition, protection
The Jakarta Post
Twenty years of waiting has finally paid off.
Rimak Adat Tawang Panyai forest in Tapang Semadak subdistrict in Sanggau regency, West Kalimantan, has finally been declared a protected customary forest.
One of the key figures behind the success is activist Agustinus of Lembaga Bela Banua Talino (LBBT), an advocacy organization based in Pontianak, the capital of West Kalimantan. Since 2...
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3