Customary forest gets help with recognition, protection
The Jakarta Post
Twenty years of waiting has finally paid off.
Rimak Adat Tawang Panyai forest in Tapang Semadak subdistrict in Sanggau regency, West Kalimantan, has finally been declared a protected customary forest.
One of the key figures behind the success is activist Agustinus of Lembaga Bela Banua Talino (LBBT), an advocacy organization based in Pontianak, the capital of West Kalimantan. Since 2...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Robin Williams possessions up for auction in New York