Depok has no skylift cranes to fight fires in tall buildings
The Jakarta Post
A fire that broke out in a mall in Depok, West Java, on Wednesday, demonstrates how the neighboring city lacks safety equipment.
Depok Firefighters and Disaster Management Agency was only able to evacuate people trapped in the apartment tower above the mall through emergency stairs as it does not have a skylift crane.
The apartment tower, which is integrated with the five-story Ciner...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...