RI, OZ negotiate exchange of zero tariffs for three products
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia and Australia are negotiating to exchange zero import tariffs for three products from each country.
Australia has asked Indonesia to remove import tariffs for skim milk and skim milk powder; copper cathode and hot rolled coil (HRC) and cold rolled coil (CRC) steel, while Indonesia has asked Australia to lift import tariffs on Indonesian textiles, clothing and footwear.
The Indonesian government would calculate the request comprehensively to seek a win-win agreement, the Industry Ministry's industrial resilience and international access director general Harjanto said in a statement.
As an example, Indonesia might ask Australia to also invest in Indonesia in return for the user specific duty free scheme (USDFS) or zero tariffs from Indonesia for its products in addition to the removal of import tariffs for the three Indonesian products, the official said.
“They can export raw materials but they should also invest here so there’s a technology transfer. We can then also export the end products [we make from Australian raw materials],” he said in the statement issued on Thursday. (bbn)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back