PKB politician ready to be Ridwan Kamil's running mate
The Jakarta Post
The National Awakening Party's (PKB) West Java executive board chairman Syaiful Huda has said he is ready to compete against Daniel Muttaqien of the Golkar Party and UU Ruzhanul Ulum of the United Development Party (PPP) for the opportunity to be the running mate of Governor Ridwan Kamil in the province’s 2018 gubernatorial election.
After being nominated by the NasDem Party, Ridwan was reported to have received offers of support from the PKB, the PPP and Golkar. In return for their support, the three parties each requested that their candidates be Ridwan’s running mate.
“As a cadre, I’m ready to implement any instruction mandated by the executive board to me,” said Huda as quoted by kompas.com on Sunday.
The politician said he was fully aware that the competition would be very tight. Although the electability of each candidate is low according to several surveys, both Uu and Daniel were superior in terms of vote basis, Huda said.
Daniel's constituency is the northern areas of West Java while UU has strong support in East Priangan and Islamic boarding schools across the province.
“Of course, there is a long road to go because it is related to a mechanism agreed upon by our coalition that any candidate who accompanies Kang Emil must be approved by all coalition members,” said Huda, referring to Ridwan. (ebf)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world