PKB politician ready to be Ridwan Kamil's running mate
The Jakarta Post
The National Awakening Party's (PKB) West Java executive board chairman Syaiful Huda has said he is ready to compete against Daniel Muttaqien of the Golkar Party and UU Ruzhanul Ulum of the United Development Party (PPP) for the opportunity to be the running mate of Governor Ridwan Kamil in the province’s 2018 gubernatorial election.
After being nominated by the NasDem Party, Ridwan was reported to have received offers of support from the PKB, the PPP and Golkar. In return for their support, the three parties each requested that their candidates be Ridwan’s running mate.
“As a cadre, I’m ready to implement any instruction mandated by the executive board to me,” said Huda as quoted by kompas.com on Sunday.
The politician said he was fully aware that the competition would be very tight. Although the electability of each candidate is low according to several surveys, both Uu and Daniel were superior in terms of vote basis, Huda said.
Daniel's constituency is the northern areas of West Java while UU has strong support in East Priangan and Islamic boarding schools across the province.
“Of course, there is a long road to go because it is related to a mechanism agreed upon by our coalition that any candidate who accompanies Kang Emil must be approved by all coalition members,” said Huda, referring to Ridwan. (ebf)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival