President Jokowi departs for APEC, ASEAN summits
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo left Jakarta on Friday on a working visit to Da Nang, Vietnam, and Manila, the Philippines.
The President will attend the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in Da Nang from Nov. 8-10 and the ASEAN summit in Manila from Nov. 10-14.
Jokowi and First Lady Iriana departed from Halim Perdanakusuma air base in East Jakarta at 10:30 a.m.
Indonesia will fight for ways to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to close economic gaps during the APEC meeting, kompas.com reported. In Manila, delegates from Jakarta will push for greater cooperation among ASEAN countries.
Jokowi said he wanted ASEAN to be beneficial to all members. “It has to give concrete benefits,” he said. (ahw)
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- How social media is polarizing politics