President Jokowi departs for APEC, ASEAN summits
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo left Jakarta on Friday on a working visit to Da Nang, Vietnam, and Manila, the Philippines.
The President will attend the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in Da Nang from Nov. 8-10 and the ASEAN summit in Manila from Nov. 10-14.
Jokowi and First Lady Iriana departed from Halim Perdanakusuma air base in East Jakarta at 10:30 a.m.
Indonesia will fight for ways to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to close economic gaps during the APEC meeting, kompas.com reported. In Manila, delegates from Jakarta will push for greater cooperation among ASEAN countries.
Jokowi said he wanted ASEAN to be beneficial to all members. “It has to give concrete benefits,” he said. (ahw)
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Supreme Court receives Ahok’s case review petition
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid