President Jokowi departs for APEC, ASEAN summits
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo left Jakarta on Friday on a working visit to Da Nang, Vietnam, and Manila, the Philippines.
The President will attend the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in Da Nang from Nov. 8-10 and the ASEAN summit in Manila from Nov. 10-14.
Jokowi and First Lady Iriana departed from Halim Perdanakusuma air base in East Jakarta at 10:30 a.m.
Indonesia will fight for ways to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to close economic gaps during the APEC meeting, kompas.com reported. In Manila, delegates from Jakarta will push for greater cooperation among ASEAN countries.
Jokowi said he wanted ASEAN to be beneficial to all members. “It has to give concrete benefits,” he said. (ahw)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation