President Jokowi departs for APEC, ASEAN summits
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo left Jakarta on Friday on a working visit to Da Nang, Vietnam, and Manila, the Philippines.
The President will attend the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in Da Nang from Nov. 8-10 and the ASEAN summit in Manila from Nov. 10-14.
Jokowi and First Lady Iriana departed from Halim Perdanakusuma air base in East Jakarta at 10:30 a.m.
Indonesia will fight for ways to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to close economic gaps during the APEC meeting, kompas.com reported. In Manila, delegates from Jakarta will push for greater cooperation among ASEAN countries.
Jokowi said he wanted ASEAN to be beneficial to all members. “It has to give concrete benefits,” he said. (ahw)
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- One killed after Lake Toba vessel capsizes