Bekasi regency's 2017 election ballots catch fire
The Jakarta Post
A storeroom at the Bekasi General Elections Commission (KPU Bekasi) office on Jl. Raya Rengas Bandung caught fire on Monday morning, burning ballots from the regency's 2017 gubernatorial election.
The fire started at 8:45 a.m. and was reportedly caused by a short circuit, KPU Bekasi head Idham Kholik said.
"Staff members reported that it was caused by a short circuit as some cables have been bitten by rats," Idham said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Four fire trucks extinguished the fire 30 minutes later.
Idham confirmed there were no casualties reported in the incident. However, the fire damaged documents from previous elections.
"The room stored old documents of the 2014 presidential election and 2017 gubernatorial election," Idham said.
The fire did not spread to other buildings, he added. (yon)
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world