Man robs grandmother, beating her with bricks
The Jakarta Post
A man identified as Ali Mahmud, 23, reportedly robbed his own grandmother on Tuesday morning in Bekasi, West Java and beat her in the head and face with bricks.
East Bekasi police head Comr. Parjana said the alleged perpetrator pretended to be a guest and knocked on the door of his grandmother's house. When the door was opened, Ali reportedly struck the woman’s head with bricks.
“He took Rp 3 million [US$210] and 10 grams of gold jewelry,” Parjana said, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The grandmother’s maid, Nurhasanih, 30, found her and asked for help from the neighbors to take her to the hospital.
Currently, the police are still trying to catch Ali who fled to outside the city.
The police's criminal unit head First Insp. Yusron said the grandmother was recovering even though she was still wounded.
“We have deployed our officers to capture the [alleged] perpetrator. We encourage him to surrender,” Yusron said.
As evidence, the police seized a long piece of cloth, one brick and four brickbats used to beat the victim. If found guilty, Ali could face a maximum of nine years' imprisonment, the police said. (wnd)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?