Man robs grandmother, beating her with bricks
The Jakarta Post
A man identified as Ali Mahmud, 23, reportedly robbed his own grandmother on Tuesday morning in Bekasi, West Java and beat her in the head and face with bricks.
East Bekasi police head Comr. Parjana said the alleged perpetrator pretended to be a guest and knocked on the door of his grandmother's house. When the door was opened, Ali reportedly struck the woman’s head with bricks.
“He took Rp 3 million [US$210] and 10 grams of gold jewelry,” Parjana said, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The grandmother’s maid, Nurhasanih, 30, found her and asked for help from the neighbors to take her to the hospital.
Currently, the police are still trying to catch Ali who fled to outside the city.
The police's criminal unit head First Insp. Yusron said the grandmother was recovering even though she was still wounded.
“We have deployed our officers to capture the [alleged] perpetrator. We encourage him to surrender,” Yusron said.
As evidence, the police seized a long piece of cloth, one brick and four brickbats used to beat the victim. If found guilty, Ali could face a maximum of nine years' imprisonment, the police said. (wnd)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards