Robbers steal Rp 500 million from West Jakarta home
The Jakarta Post
Two robbers have stolen a safety box containing Rp 500 million (US$35,000) in cash on Sunday from a house in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta.
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Monday that the two perpetrators made their move when the homeowners were at a nearby church for Sunday service.
"The family left for the church at 9 a.m. The perpetrators thought that the house was empty, so they entered the house. As it turned out, a relative and a child were still in the house," Argo said as quoted by kompas.com.
The robbers pointed a gun at them and forced them into a room, where they were locked up.
"The robbers took a safety box that could be carried by hand. According to information from the victim, it contained foreign banknotes amounting to Rp 500 million," he said.
Argo added that the police were still questioning witnesses and hunting for leads on the suspects. (fac)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas