Robbers steal Rp 500 million from West Jakarta home
The Jakarta Post
Two robbers have stolen a safety box containing Rp 500 million (US$35,000) in cash on Sunday from a house in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta.
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Monday that the two perpetrators made their move when the homeowners were at a nearby church for Sunday service.
"The family left for the church at 9 a.m. The perpetrators thought that the house was empty, so they entered the house. As it turned out, a relative and a child were still in the house," Argo said as quoted by kompas.com.
The robbers pointed a gun at them and forced them into a room, where they were locked up.
"The robbers took a safety box that could be carried by hand. According to information from the victim, it contained foreign banknotes amounting to Rp 500 million," he said.
Argo added that the police were still questioning witnesses and hunting for leads on the suspects. (fac)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?