Robbers steal Rp 500 million from West Jakarta home
The Jakarta Post
Two robbers have stolen a safety box containing Rp 500 million (US$35,000) in cash on Sunday from a house in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta.
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Monday that the two perpetrators made their move when the homeowners were at a nearby church for Sunday service.
"The family left for the church at 9 a.m. The perpetrators thought that the house was empty, so they entered the house. As it turned out, a relative and a child were still in the house," Argo said as quoted by kompas.com.
The robbers pointed a gun at them and forced them into a room, where they were locked up.
"The robbers took a safety box that could be carried by hand. According to information from the victim, it contained foreign banknotes amounting to Rp 500 million," he said.
Argo added that the police were still questioning witnesses and hunting for leads on the suspects. (fac)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards