Two police officers arrested for alleged drug possession
The Jakarta Post
Two officers from the South Nias Police and the Tanjung Balai Police have been arrested by personnel of the North Sumatra Police’s narcotics division for alleged possession of 15 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine.
The two officers have been identified only as Adj. Comr. BS, the chief of the Lolowau Police, part of the South Nias Police, and Chief Brig. YMS, a member of the Tanjung Balai Police.
Apart from arresting the two police officers, the narcotics division personnel also apprehended four civilians, one of whom was shot and killed. The officers said they shot Mohamad Dani Sitorus, alias Dani alias Koro, because he resisted arrest on Jl. Deli Tua, Medan, on Sunday. The three other civilians have been named as Riawan, alias Atong, Boby and Joni.
North Sumatra Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Rina Sari Ginting confirmed the arrest of the officers on Tuesday, but said their role in the drug network was still being investigated.
"The results of the investigation will be presented on Wednesday at the North Sumatra Police headquarters," she said. (kmt/ebf)
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless