Two police officers arrested for alleged drug possession
The Jakarta Post
Two officers from the South Nias Police and the Tanjung Balai Police have been arrested by personnel of the North Sumatra Police’s narcotics division for alleged possession of 15 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine.
The two officers have been identified only as Adj. Comr. BS, the chief of the Lolowau Police, part of the South Nias Police, and Chief Brig. YMS, a member of the Tanjung Balai Police.
Apart from arresting the two police officers, the narcotics division personnel also apprehended four civilians, one of whom was shot and killed. The officers said they shot Mohamad Dani Sitorus, alias Dani alias Koro, because he resisted arrest on Jl. Deli Tua, Medan, on Sunday. The three other civilians have been named as Riawan, alias Atong, Boby and Joni.
North Sumatra Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Rina Sari Ginting confirmed the arrest of the officers on Tuesday, but said their role in the drug network was still being investigated.
"The results of the investigation will be presented on Wednesday at the North Sumatra Police headquarters," she said. (kmt/ebf)
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...