Island focus: Cyclone Cempaka leaves at least 41 dead
The Jakarta Post
Cyclone Cempaka, which has been ravaging Java since late last month, has claimed dozens of lives and forced thousands to flee their homes following floods, landslides and strong winds in 28 regencies and municipalities on Indonesia’s most populated island.
At least 41 people have died or been declared missing, spokesman of the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) Sutopo Purwo Nugroh...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games