Pertamina guarantees LPG stocks are sufficient for festive season
The Jakarta Post
State-owned energy firm Pertamina has guaranteed that the stocks of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) are sufficient to cover demand during the Christmas and year-end celebration period.
“Don’t worry, we will supply enough LPG as demanded [during the Christmas and New Year Eve celebration],” said Pertamina marketing director Muchamad Iskandar during a press briefing in Jakarta on Friday.
A scarcity of subsidized 3-kilogram LPG canisters for low-income households has hit many parts of Indonesia as the demand continues to increase, a situation worsened by poor distribution infrastructure to certain areas.
Iskandar said the company had increased the supply of 3-kg LPG canisters from 20,000 metric tons per day to around 23,000 to 24,000, or about 20 percent higher than the regular supply.
He said the LPG stocks currently reached 113,600 metric tons, equivalent to a 19 to 20 day supply. “We believe it will be more than enough to fulfill household needs until the end of this year,” he added.
Meanwhile, Pertamina marketing senior vice president for non-fuel affairs Basuki Trikora Putra said Pertamina had distributed at least 590,000 canisters of the subsidized LPG since early this month.
The company had conducted market operations throughout Greater Jakarta, North Jakarta, West Jakarta, East Jakarta, South Jakarta and Central Jakarta as well as throughout other provinces like West Java, Aceh, South Sumatera and Bangka Belitung. (fny/bbn)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world