Greater risks await financiers in palm oil sector, groups say
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Indonesia’s financial institutions will face mounting risks, including a bad reputation, violation against prevailing regulations and financial costs, if they continue to fund unsustainable palm oil production, multistakeholder groups have warned.In a study titled “Managing Palm Oil Risks: A Brief for Financiers”, advisory group Landscape Indonesia, multistakeholder body Roundtable on Sustai...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2