Ridwan Kamil to talk with PPP, PKB to decide running mate
The Jakarta Post
Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil said he would immediately speak with the central executive boards of the United Development Party (PPP) and the National Awakening Party (PKB) to discuss running mates for the West Java gubernatorial election next year.
“The two parties need to carry out intensive communication to detail [my deputy governor candidate]. So, I cannot yet convey to you who will be my running mate. Both parties want more time to discuss opinions and survey results,” said Ridwan in Bandung on Wednesday.
Ridwan had asked for input from West Java leaders after attending a forum that presented possible deputy governor candidates Tasikmalaya Regent Uu Uzhanul Ulum, Golkar Party member Daniel Muttaqien, House of Representatives member Maman Imanulhaq of the PKB, West Java’s NasDem Party regional executive board chairman Saan Mustopa, West Java’s PKB regional executive board chairman Saiful Huda and Asep Maoshul, a House member from the PPP.
Ridwan said he had communicated with parties supporting his candidacy.
A meeting between Ridwan and his supporting parties has been scheduled to take place in Jakarta on Thursday.
“It is probable I will depart for Jakarta tomorrow [Thursday], and I will strive to meet with DPP [central executive board] officials of the two parties in the evening,” Ridwan said. (ebf)
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Government praises Mitsubishi for exporting 21,000 Xpander vehicles
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Government to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers