Ridwan Kamil to talk with PPP, PKB to decide running mate
The Jakarta Post
Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil said he would immediately speak with the central executive boards of the United Development Party (PPP) and the National Awakening Party (PKB) to discuss running mates for the West Java gubernatorial election next year.
“The two parties need to carry out intensive communication to detail [my deputy governor candidate]. So, I cannot yet convey to you who will be my running mate. Both parties want more time to discuss opinions and survey results,” said Ridwan in Bandung on Wednesday.
Ridwan had asked for input from West Java leaders after attending a forum that presented possible deputy governor candidates Tasikmalaya Regent Uu Uzhanul Ulum, Golkar Party member Daniel Muttaqien, House of Representatives member Maman Imanulhaq of the PKB, West Java’s NasDem Party regional executive board chairman Saan Mustopa, West Java’s PKB regional executive board chairman Saiful Huda and Asep Maoshul, a House member from the PPP.
Ridwan said he had communicated with parties supporting his candidacy.
A meeting between Ridwan and his supporting parties has been scheduled to take place in Jakarta on Thursday.
“It is probable I will depart for Jakarta tomorrow [Thursday], and I will strive to meet with DPP [central executive board] officials of the two parties in the evening,” Ridwan said. (ebf)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- A year of Anies Baswedan