Safety violations to blame for Pakubuwono construction accident
The Jakarta Post
The Manpower Ministry revealed on Thursday that the death of three workers during a structural collapse at an apartment construction site in Kebayoran Lama, South Jakarta, came as a result of safety violations.
During an inspection at the site of the accident, a team from the ministry found that the area underneath the concrete canopy that had collapsed at The Pakubuwono Spring apartment complex on Tuesday evening was supposed to be clear from any activities.
Herman Prakoso Hidayat, the ministry's occupational safety and health supervision director, said the apartment management team could be jailed for negligence since the accident resulted in three deaths.
He said that, during the accident, there were workers on top of the canopy who were developing a garden as well as workers under the canopy in the building's interior.
Herman said the ministry would take serious action following the completion of the inspection process.
The concrete canopy collapsed on Tuesday night, killing three construction workers and severely injuring three others. (dpk/wit)
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls