Safety violations to blame for Pakubuwono construction accident
The Jakarta Post
The Manpower Ministry revealed on Thursday that the death of three workers during a structural collapse at an apartment construction site in Kebayoran Lama, South Jakarta, came as a result of safety violations.
During an inspection at the site of the accident, a team from the ministry found that the area underneath the concrete canopy that had collapsed at The Pakubuwono Spring apartment complex on Tuesday evening was supposed to be clear from any activities.
Herman Prakoso Hidayat, the ministry's occupational safety and health supervision director, said the apartment management team could be jailed for negligence since the accident resulted in three deaths.
He said that, during the accident, there were workers on top of the canopy who were developing a garden as well as workers under the canopy in the building's interior.
Herman said the ministry would take serious action following the completion of the inspection process.
The concrete canopy collapsed on Tuesday night, killing three construction workers and severely injuring three others. (dpk/wit)
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday
- Airbus floats shutdown of A380 superjumbo as orders stall