Safety violations to blame for Pakubuwono construction accident
The Jakarta Post
The Manpower Ministry revealed on Thursday that the death of three workers during a structural collapse at an apartment construction site in Kebayoran Lama, South Jakarta, came as a result of safety violations.
During an inspection at the site of the accident, a team from the ministry found that the area underneath the concrete canopy that had collapsed at The Pakubuwono Spring apartment complex on Tuesday evening was supposed to be clear from any activities.
Herman Prakoso Hidayat, the ministry's occupational safety and health supervision director, said the apartment management team could be jailed for negligence since the accident resulted in three deaths.
He said that, during the accident, there were workers on top of the canopy who were developing a garden as well as workers under the canopy in the building's interior.
Herman said the ministry would take serious action following the completion of the inspection process.
The concrete canopy collapsed on Tuesday night, killing three construction workers and severely injuring three others. (dpk/wit)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says