Award-winning actor starts drug rehabilitation
The Jakarta Post
Award-winning veteran actor Tio Pakusadewo will undergo drug rehabilitation starting from Friday at the Police’s Bhayangkara Hospital in South Jakarta, as recommended by the National Narcotics Agency (BNN). Tio was apprehended at his house last week for drug abuse.
“[Tio] will be rehabilitated at the police’s hospital starting from tomorrow at 9 a.m., in accordance with the assessment of the Jakarta BNN,” said a top official at the Jakarta Police’s narcotics division, Adj. Sr. Comr. Doni Alexander, on Thursday, as quoted by tempo.co.
The police seized three packages of crystal meth with a total weight of 1.06 grams, a set of tools to consume the drug consisting of a bong, water pipe and lighter during the raid at Tio’s house in Ragunan, South Jakarta.
Doni explained that, according to the BNN’s assessment, Tio was merely a drug user.
The actor, who has been in at least 55 movies since 1987, admitted that he had been using the drug over the last 10 years. He claimed that he had stopped using it a few months ago, but started to consume it again after suffering leg injuries.
The police said the case was still ongoing as they were looking for a woman, identified only as V, who sold the drug to the actor, who had a role in award-winning movie Cinta dalam Sepotong Roti (Love in a Slice of Bread) in 1990. (vny)
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance