Two gang members arrested for looting Depok clothing store
The Jakarta Post
The Depok Police have arrested two members of motorcycle gang Jembatan Mampang (Mampang Bridge) who allegedly looted a clothing store in Depok, West Java.
The suspects, one of whom was allegedly a gang leader, ordered other members to rob a clothing store in Sukmajaya, Depok, West Java, on Dec. 24.
“We just caught them today in the Pancoran Mas area,” Depok Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Didik Sugiarto said on Friday as quoted by tempo.co.
The police have detained a total of 17 suspects in the robbery case.
According to an investigation, the gang members were suspected to have been involved in separate criminal acts in three different locations on Dec. 22. One of the crimes allegedly occurred in Sawangan while the other two were in Limo. The suspects face charges under the Criminal Code's article 365 on theft with violence and article 368 on extortion. If convicted, they could be sentenced to a maximum nine years’ imprisonment.
The police seized sharp weapons suspected to have been custom-made by the gang and clothes allegedly obtained from the looting. (wnd)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- The warning signs get stronger