Grogol man arrested for trying to burn wife alive
The Jakarta Post
A man was arrested by the police on Tuesday night in Grogol, West Jakarta, for attempting to burn his wife alive during a domestic dispute.
According to West Jakarta Police general crimes head Comr. Adj. Rulian Syauri, the domestic dispute occurred after the man, identified as IA, accused his wife of cheating on him. Rulian said that IA believed that his wife, NI, was having an affair with another man and became furious when she denied the accusation.
“He poured a gasoline onto the victim’s body and threatened to burn her alive,” said Rulian. Fortunately, NI managed to escape to a nearby police post.
Rulian said that the couple fought frequently. The police also discovered that NI was physically abused by her husband when an inspection found bruises on the woman's body.
IA already has pleaded guilty to the police charge, and is awaiting investigation.
Rulian said the police were waiting for a confirmation from its Women and Children's Protection (PPA) unit to proceed with the investigation. (dpk)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Microsoft co-founder, investor, philanthropist Allen dead at 65
- The warning signs get stronger
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women